Advanced Structure with John Yorke - Online!
Two-day live online screenwriting masterclass and workshop. Lessons available on-demand afterward for three weeks... From procedural to longform, terrestrial to Netflix and beyond…
The primary reason great ideas (and even developed scripts) written for longform television fail at the final hurdle is poor structuring.
John Yorke should know. He wrote one of the greatest books on story structure ever written – ‘Into The Woods’ – and as the Golden Globe-winning, former head of Ch4 Drama, BBC Drama, Company Pictures, Eastenders showrunner… his resume clearly speaks for itself.
Join him for this two-day longform structure masterclass and get access to all seminars for six months.
- When: Dates November 27th & 28th (Weekend)
- Where: Live Online and available to rewatch for two weeks afterward
- Tickets: £179
What can you expect?
Part lecture, part practical workshop, this two-day immersive weekend will elevate your career and project through deep industry insight.
It will offer hyper focused structuring for your narrative, and you will revisit character, theme and genre for your stories, as well as explore industry production formats – who offers the best home for your project and why?
Expect to learn new pitching skills too, as getting the industry to lean forward and pay attention to your project is the first half of the challenge.
The weekend will break down into three focused areas:
- Master the single structure that is present in all great stories
- Understand how all other story models fit within this single structure
- Address how structure and character can be successfully integrated into pilots and extended over entire seasons
- Learn to see the DNA beneath your story, characters, premise, situation, action and dialogue
- Learn how that DNA works, how to modify it, and how you can better use it in all your stories moving forward
- Practice rapidly developing stories within this structure
- Understand the needs of the business, beyond your story and script
- Analysis of the current market place – identifying current and popular trends and how to avoid guaranteed failure
- Learn how your story must adhere to strict industry structure needs and why
- Learn to think like a story development executive or producer in order to meet the needs of the business
- Learn how to remove the road blocks that can cause your deal and project to falter even if it is great writing
- Practice rapid story development and pitching
- Targeting the networks – what they do, what they’re looking for and why you may be better suited to some more than others
- Pitch development – solo and in groups
- Rapid fire pitching – of your own and other people’s projects
- Devising a new TV series from scratch inc. character creation/development, pilot outline, story arc, series arc, story bible
After selling out his one day seminar for the past two years, John is expanding the class and introducing more practical exercises exclusively for this weekend.
Expect breakthrough after breakthrough, clearing a path for you to fulfill your greatest potential.
Here’s what previous delegates had to say about John...
‘John Yorke gave the best explanation and POV on story structure I’ve ever heard!’
Mike O’Reilly, Screenwriter
‘John Yorke was amazing, the cave/forest/wood concept was a real ‘unlock’ moment for me.’
Matt Harlock, Screenwriter & Director
‘John Yorke’s session was fantastic – I learned loads and he simplified everything into easily digested stuff.’
Sarah Cassidy, Screenwriter
Sign up below...
Spaces are limited so sign up now to ensure you don’t miss out on this opportunity to make massive improvements to your writing and get the insights and access necessary to elevate your career.
When: Dates November 27th & 28th (Weekend)
Where: Live Online and available to rewatch for two weeks afterward